Terms and Conditions for the Online Sale of Goods and Services
1. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS.
BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, AND YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU AFFIRM THAT IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY, YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND ANY SUCH ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY TO THESE TERMS.
YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU (i) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, (ii) ARE NOT THE OLDER OF (A) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR (B) LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH ISSOY INC., OR (iii) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE'S CONTENTS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY APPLICABLE LAW.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to the purchase and sale of products and services through issoyinc.com (the "Site"). These Terms are subject to change by Issoy Inc. (referred to as "us", "we", or "our" as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. Any changes to these Terms will be in effect as of the "Last Updated Date" referenced on the Site. You should review these Terms prior to purchasing any product or services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the "Last Updated Date" will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
2. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products and services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered.
3. Prices and Payment Terms.
(a) All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price advertised on this Site at the time the order is placed, subject to the terms of any promotions or discounts that may be applicable. The price charged will be clearly stated in your order confirmation email. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All taxes will be your responsibility. If you do not arrange for shipping, FOB our warehouse, shipping charges will be added to your total price, and will be itemized in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information, however we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
(b) Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept payment by Zelle, Quickpay, ACH, wire or credit card for all purchases. If you pay be credit card you represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Site at the time of your order.
4. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
(a) If you choose not to arrange shipment, FOB our warehouse, at your request we may arrange for shipment of the products to you at your cost. If we arrange shipping, you will pay all shipping and handling charges unless otherwise specified in the order confirmation.
(b) Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the products to the carrier at our warehouse. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
5. Returns. All sales are final and non-refundable. We may agree, in our sole discretion, to accept returns of purchased items if we determine that goods were received by you with their original packaging opened or are not functional and we further determine that such goods were delivered to the carrier by us in such condition. All requests for returns must be made within 30 days after the date of shipment. In the event we agree to accept a return, we will arrange for shipping to our warehouse; provided that you will bear the risk of loss until the merchandise is received at our warehouse. Once, and only once, the merchandise is received by us in its original condition, we will at our discretion either ship replacement merchandise if it is in stock, or grant you a credit in the amount of the original purchase price against future purchases. To return products, you must call (917) 624-8868 or email our Returns Department at email@example.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number. No returns of any type will be accepted without an RMA number.
6. Manufacturer's Warranty and Disclaimers.
(a) We do not manufacture or control any of the products or services offered on our Site. The availability of products or services through our Site does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any product, service, or manufacturer. Accordingly, we do not provide any warranties with respect to the products or services offered on our Site. The products offered on our Site may be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, but we do not warrant that any such manufacturer’s warranty exists. To obtain warranty service for defective products for which a manufacturer’s warranty is available, please follow the instructions included in the manufacturer's warranty.
(b) ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (C) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; OR (D) WARRANTY THAT ANY GOODS ARE SALEABLE WITHOUT OBJECTION FROM THE MANUFACTURER OR ITS AGENTS AND AFFILIATES; IN EACH CASE WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
(c) SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(d) YOU AFFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY CLAIMS OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURER'S FAILURE TO HONOR ITS WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability.
(a) WE HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ASSURANCES OF PRODUCT SALABILITY, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND COMPLIANCE FROM THE MANUFACTURERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED.
(b) OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE ORDER(S) OF GOODS (NOT INCLUDING ANY SHIPPING OR HANDLING CHARGES) OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
(c) The limitation of liability set forth in Section 7(b) shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from our acts or omissions.
8. Export Matters
(a) OFAC Representation. You are in compliance with all laws administered by the Office of Foreign Asset Control ("OFAC") or any other governmental entity imposing economic sanctions and trade embargoes ("Economic Sanctions Laws") against designated countries ("Embargoed Countries"), regimes, entities, and persons (collectively, "Embargoed Targets"). The Buyer is not an Embargoed Target or otherwise subject to any Economic Sanctions Law.
(b) OFAC Covenant. You shall comply with all Economic Sanctions Laws. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you shall not (a) directly or indirectly export, re-export, transship, transfer, or otherwise deliver any goods purchased through the Website or any portion of such goods to an Embargoed Target or (b) broker, finance, or otherwise facilitate any transaction in violation of any Economic Sanctions Law.
10. Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such party's (the "Impacted Party") failure or delay is caused by or results from the following force majeure events ("Force Majeure Event(s)"): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, other natural disasters, pandemics or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or action; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; and (f) any other events beyond the control of the Impacted Party.
The Impacted Party shall give notice within 15 days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party's failure or delay remains uncured for a period of sixty (60) consecutive days following written notice given by it under this Section 10, either party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon 10 days' written notice.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of New York.
12. Waiver of Jury Trials and Binding Arbitration.
(a) YOU AND ISSOY INC. ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
(b) The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures ("Commercial Rules") and the International Commercial Arbitration Supplementary Procedures, if applicable.
Subject to the following paragraph, (i) the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable or otherwise invalid, (ii) the arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity, and (iii) any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Except as otherwise required under applicable law, you expressly agree that: (a) class and collective action procedures shall not be asserted and will not apply in any arbitration pursuant to this Agreement; (b) you will not assert class or collective claims against the Company in court, in arbitration, or otherwise; (c) you shall only submit your own individual claims in arbitration and will not seek to represent the interests of any other person; (d) any claims by you will not be joined, consolidated, or heard together with the claims of any other person or entity; (e) no decision or arbitral award determining an issue with a similarly situated website user shall have any preclusive effect in any arbitration between you and the Company, and the Arbitrator shall have no authority to give preclusive effect to the issues determined in any other arbitration. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Commercial Rules or otherwise, the arbitrator shall have no jurisdiction or authority: (x) to compel any class or collective claim, consolidate different arbitration proceedings, or join any other party to an arbitration between you and the Company; or (y) to determine the enforceability or scope of the class and collective action waiver, which shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
13. Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 13 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
14. No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Issoy Inc..
15. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person or entity other than you.
(a) To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
(b) To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to Issoy Inc., 18 Balfour Place, Brooklyn, NY 11225. We may update the facsimile number or address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by facsimile transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
17. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.